An Introduction: Why "Without Writing"?



Hello, friends! Christ is among us!

"To read without writing is to sleep." -St. Jerome

This quote was introduced to me by my online school teacher a year ago, and I've had it hung on my wall ever since. I love how it can be interpreted a few different ways, but how it explains that you ultimately cannot have reading without having writing. 
I took the two words "without writing" for the title of my blog for several reasons: the quote they're originally from holds significance for me, I love the ambiguity of the phrase, and I'm a sucker for alliteration. 

To me, the phrase "without writing" is what I've been for some time now. To give you some background, I can't remember I time when I didn't write or want to write. It runs in my family, and from a fairly young age, I grew up with my Grandmother writing stories, and I wanted to do that too! So as a small child, I would make up stories as I went to sleep, dictate stories to anyone who was willing to type them up for me, and get my friends to illustrate stories I had scribbled in my journal. 
Lately, I've been in a hazy writer's block; I have feelings and people and events I want to write about, but I can't find my voice. I've been without writing.This blog is a baby step towards reshaping my relationship with writing, and trying to get back to a place where I can't live without it. It will be an adventure, and I don't really think I'm prepared, but adventurers don't often get much warning before adventures find them, do they?

I hope that you'll check in with me and my words every so often! It would be very meaningful to me to have support while on this adventure. You can become a follower, subscribe to posts, or just come visit whenever the mood strikes you! I hope to see you again. 

In Christ,

Felicia Kathryn

Comments