An Acknowledgment: Moments of Gratitude


Photo credit: noahheisephotos.blogspot.com

I find that when the weeks are flying by, like they always do in summer, that it's easy to let everything sort of...slip by. 
I recently took a moment of reflection, and re-discovered that my life is amazing. But I have a dire problem:
I take that for granted.
Yes, I got bad news the other day. Yes, there are hard things going on in my life. And yes, changes are happening constantly. Because of this, I definitely don't feel motivated, joyous, or optimistic at every moment; I have really bad days and I don't always feel ok. But when I can find those precious moments of pure thankfulness and joy...those are to be treasured for all they're worth. And they're worth a lot. 

My summer has been filled to the brim with people who love me, life changing experiences, and beautiful moments. Leaving those things behind and having them turn to only memories can be hard to face, but it shouldn't take away from the joy experienced in the moment! 

I am grateful for beautiful moments that turn to beautiful memories. 
I am grateful for the important, full-of-love people in my life.
I am grateful for even the split seconds of overwhelming joy and gratitude.

Thank you to this summer and those in it. It's been grand. 

In Christ, 

Felicia


Comments